Subject: Re: Petition for NetBSD Nvidia driver
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n_Carre=C3=B1o?= <ccatrian@eml.cc>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/14/2006 17:04:52
>> Why not formalize this petition (pedition) as a group to hardware
>> companies above and give it a shot?
>>
>> I'd sign.
>
> I don't know why 3dfx turned into this...
>
> A pony is easier to get than this.
>
> I would be agree in some kind of PRESSURE, like a banner in our personal
> homepages blaming nVidia and his hardware, as a campaign. I would put an
> image or something.
>
> Other thing would be a recommended / non-recommended (nVidia graphics
> cards)
> hardware in the NetBSD web, but this is too much for asking.
>
> I don't believe in the "pedition". nVidia's management is not with us. Or
> maybe they are ashamed of their driver's source code.
>
> Farewell and good luck.
>
> --
> César Catrián Carreño
> http://mioficina.cjc.cl/

Hi All!

How would we know if NVidia's management is not willing? Have we tried as
a group?

Did some research, kindly check this link:

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/sponsors.xml

It says, "NVIDIA has provided the Gentoo project with numerous AMD
development machines and video cards to further development of Gentoo on
the Athlon XP and Athlon64 platforms."

With a formal request or petition, we could state there that their company
include the manuals and code of their products. Who knows NetBSD could
also get the same machines for its development.

Without a formal concerted effort, we could only second guess NVidia and
other hardware manufacturers' take on this issue.

Joseph