Subject: Re: /etc/security: cannot open secure2.28394: no such file
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/2006 19:17:04
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:12:05AM +0000, Jason White wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2006 at 20:05, Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp> wrote:
> >I get "/etc/security: cannot open secure2.28394: no such file" ("28394"
> >changes each day) messages in the "daily insecurity output".  Any advice
> >on how I created this problem and how to fix it much appreciated.  It's
> >been going on since February, but I have no idea why it started.  TIA
>
>   Do you have an /etc/security.local file, and if so does it contain any 'cd'
>   commands?  /etc/security.local is called from /etc/security, but not in a
>   subshell, so any chdir commands will affect the rest of the execution of
>   /etc/security.  Sames goes for /etc/daily.local affecting /etc/daily.

Only ".local" file in /etc is rc.local.

Since I don't understand these scripts well, I don't edit them.  It's
more likely that I did something external to the security mechanism
that is preventing it's normal function, e.g., inadvertantly change
the write permission on some directory or even remove some necessary
directory or file.

Where *should* secure2.nnnnn reside?  Or, how do they get created?
Knowing that might give me a hint as to where to look.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/~home/