Subject: Re: RAIDFrame w/SATA and PATA
To: Alex Dumitriu <alex@bitblot.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/04/2006 22:49:13
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:23:32PM -0400, Alex Dumitriu wrote:

> Also, while I'm on the topic, will I have problems labling and
> newfs'ing a 1.2TB volume? What is the current FS size limit (on NetBSD
> 3)?

You'll have terrible trouble trying to do anything with a volume that
has more than 2^32 sectors, keeping below 2^31 sectors avoids any lurking
problems with -ve (32bit) sector numbers.

It is also (probably) worth modifying the newfs parameters - especially
if you are going to keep a few large files....
But remember that the (i386/amd64) boot code cannot read filesystems
with 64k blocks.
FFSv1 v FFSv2 is a coin-toss option. IMHO the FFSv2 side of the coin should
be heavier.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk