Subject: Re: hardware advise ( Samba file server )
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2006 10:05:01
Multipath, more specifically MPIO, refers to one host having multiple
paths to a disk (eg. path redundancy and aggregation), not multiple hosts
having paths to a single disk. In Veritas Volume Manager world this is
called DMP (Dual Multipathing). In EMC world, it is PowerConnect. In
Hitachi world, it is Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager (HDLM).

...and last time I checked iSCSI is intended as another dedicated
server-to-storage interconnect (eg. SAN over TCP/IP). Although the last
time I checked was a number of years ago.

--
Ed Wensell III

"OSX is proof it's easier to make UNIX pretty than it is to make Windows secure" - Unknown source