Subject: Re: hardware advise ( Samba file server )
To: Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>
From: Eric Delcamp <eric.delcamp@free.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2006 08:17:20
Hi,

Same advice, your CPU / RAM are OK (a little over-sized for a Samba file
server, a Celeron with 512 Mb will be perfect), but please grab a
Raid-disk array and maybe a backup system (tapes like DDS). Your disks
are too faster (and expensive/noisy), drop the 15K RPM and grab a third
one for the Raid 5 config. That will save your life later.