Subject: Re: Is netbsd-3.0/ld.elf.so is thread safe ???
To: Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com>
From: sushant mathur <sushant.iet@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/17/2006 18:32:07
------=_Part_43228_16915711.1145278927287

Hi Sorry for Delayed response as i was on leave
well I need to ask some more query on this issue

1)Can You Tell whether dlopen/dlsym bindings are thread specific or process
specific,Is there any specfication which clearly specifies this ???

2)If i want to make netbsd3.0 thread safe then is it sufficient to make all
dlopen/dlsym thread safe by doing mutex locking and unlocking?

3>If i want to make lazy binding thread safe on uniprocessor system, then
the code executed during lazy binding has to be made thread safe using
mutex lock and unlock?

4) My Application is working Fine on i686 but on arm it's giving the
problem,
So is it a architecture issue?

4) This is guaranteed by having the binder not modify any internal data

structures, only doing atomic updates to the PLTGOT at the end.  (This

was not the case in old versions of NetBSD.Whether this change is present i=
netbsd-1.6 or not

On 4/13/06, Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 15:10, sushant mathur wrote:
> > hi all
> >

> > I am using netbsd-3.0 for developing some multi threaded application. M=
> > Application uses multile threads which uses dlopen with RTLD_LAZY .
> >
> > Is netbsd-3.0/ld.elf.so is thread safe ???
>
> No
>
> Nick

------=_Part_43228_16915711.1145278927287

me more query on this issue</p>
ess<br>specific,Is there any specfication which clearly specifies this ???<=
/p>
all<br>dlopen/dlsym thread safe by doing mutex locking and unlocking?</p>
then<br>the code executed during lazy binding has to be made thread safe us=
ing<br>mutex lock and unlock?</p>
problem,<br>So is it a architecture issue?</p>
/p>
his</p>
t in<br>netbsd-1.6 or not</p>
Nick Hudson</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com">nick.hudso=
n@dsl.pipex.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">On Wednesday 12 April 2006 15:10=
=20
netbsd-3.0 for developing some multi threaded application. My<br>&gt; Appli=
cation uses multile threads which uses dlopen with RTLD_LAZY .<br>&gt;<br>&=

------=_Part_43228_16915711.1145278927287--