Subject: Re: USB memory key mounts very slowly on 3.0
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Crni Gorac <cgorac@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2006 12:01:40
On 4/16/06, Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

> I've seen this behaviour (on a 3.99.11 system).  We have a batch of Dell
> rebranded  M-Systems 128MB memory keys that behave like this.  When you p=
lug
> them in they take about 1 minute between printing:
>
>   umass0 at uhub3 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0
>   umass0: M-SysT5 Dell Memory Key, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2
>   umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
>   scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
>   sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <M-SysT5, Dell Memory Key, 5.00> disk
> removable
>
> and printing:
>
>   sd0: 121 MB, 975 cyl, 128 head, 2 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 249599 sectors
>

> and similar lengths of time to do a disklabel or mount but then are fine.

Exactly the same behaviour here.  I tried in the meantime to delete
USB partition and re-create and re-format it under Windows, just to be
sure that using Linux fdisk and mkdosfs tools to create and format the
partition wasn't source the problem; and it wasn't indeed - mounting
it under NetBSD is still as slow as before.

Thanks.