Subject: Re: guspnp driver still broken
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/10/2006 16:34:44
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 07:13:28AM -0700, Ben Collver wrote:

> It does make sense to remove hardware from the supported list in the
> install instructions if the driver is known to be broken, or at least
> mention the problem in some errata.

Driver, or something else. In my opinion, the description of the (new,
current, any other...) release should reflect the true state; if there's
a note: "GUS PnP support" (or for any other hardware), it should be
supported. If it's not going to be supported anymore (say, because there
still fewer and fewer GUS PnP owners) - it's better to remove such
description, and remove broken, useless piece of code.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski