Subject: Re: How can i use mutt re
To: Linyin <linyin.cn@gmail.com>
From: Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.in-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/03/2006 14:36:16
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 12:56:36AM +0800, Linyin wrote:
> under NetBSD,i wanna use Mutt to the mail client.
> how can i use the mutt to receive the mail?

Check this out: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-to-mutt.xml

Very good guide. It's very easy to follow. It's for gentoo but
replacing "emerge" with "pkg_add" should do.

With one exception:
The guide uses nbsmtp for mail delivery - nbsmtp is not in pkgsrc
unfortunately, and the current release (1.00) does not compile cleanly
on NetBSD if you --enable-ssl. I sent them patches for this though and
they are in their CVS. So make sure you use the current cvs version of
nbsmtp on NetBSD: http://nbsmtp.ferdyx.org/wiki/AnonCvs

The CVS version also has some fixes for their mail queueing script
called nbqueue, which is also very handy but not installed along by
default (you can find it in the scripts/ directory in the nbsmtp source
tree). Take a look at it, it's nice.

There are of course also other "dumb" MDAs you can use in pkgsrc.
I personally just found nbsmtp pleasing enough to be worth the patching
effort :)
--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0