Subject: Re: Lynx in base system?
To: Liam J.Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2006 15:31:43
On Mar 26, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Liam J. Foy wrote:

>> Those all require X and other stuff that isn't present in base
>> (right?).  And the long thread about strangeness with Xfree and XOrg
>> doesn't lead me to think that getting X ready to run in base will
>> happen, even for "major" platforms.
>>

> I was just kidding =)

I was looking forward to the 20-DVD distro :)

Seriously, I was not aware that some docs might be in html-only, as
my platform support is/was a little behind (from the netbsd.org site
anyway) and I was using user-provided walkthrus to build everything;
but it would be really cruel to have docs in html,  no browser, and
for a first-time user to have to get cvs, pkgsrc, etc up and running
with no help.  IMO.

-B