Subject: Re: Lynx in base system?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dieter <netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2006 11:37:26
>   FWIW, I have changed my mind regarding Lynx in base. I agree that
> base should be slimmed down to a minimal. But at the same time there
> needs to be basic tools to get up and running on the installation iso

I'm beginning to wonder if "base" means the same thing to everyone?

I think of base as meaning base.tgz but perhaps some people think of
base as including the full set of comp.tgz, text.tgz, x*.tgz ...

A minimum install would be base.tgz + etc.tgz + kern-GENERIC.tgz.

A full install would be the complete set of tarballs, but not
including any packages.  (Some people may have other definitions
of "full install".)

I suggest that web browsers not be added to base.tgz, but rather
to some new foo.tgz tarball.  Thus a minimum install would not
include any web browsers, but a full install would.