Subject: official source for /usr/share/zoneinfo?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/23/2006 14:25:35
I have a need to update the zone info files for my machines since we're
in Melbourne and the State Government has seen fit to push back the
close of daylight savings time to accomodate them ...

I've been successfully able to copy over
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Melbourne from a machine which has the
correct dates and that works fine, but this seems a little 'hackish' to
me and I'd like to do things properly, especially as I note that files
in that directory appear to be hardlinked to one another ...

Is there a canonical source for this information that is used to put
together the base.tgz files? Or would I be better off extracting the
information I need from a recent base.tgz?  Some of our machines are
still at 1.6-era ... would this be likely to cause any issues with the
binary format used in these files?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mjch.net                                                left blank