Subject: Re: Skype
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/08/2006 01:20:43
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> I can confirm the second point of the parent. I have to rm -r .Skype
> every time I want to login (I am running -current from yesterday).

Just removing the subdir for my user, but leaving the top-level
shared.xml, seems to do the trick for me. But leaving behind even just
my-skype-name/config.xml leads to the broken behavior.

> The sound output works fine for me, though. The input also kinda
> works, but when I call echo123, my talking is very quiet. If I use
> 'mixerctl -w inputs.mic=240' for instance, I get garbled/mixed sound.

This works fine for me when I do 'mixerctl -w record.volume=192,192'.

I still have some sound device issues; after I've made a call
(presumably using /dev/dsp), I have to exit skype and re-enter in order
to make or receive another call. In the meantime, skype makes noises
about not being able to access /dev/dsp-1. Maybe somehow the audio
device looks to Skype like it's in use when Skype thinks it ought not to
be?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw