Subject: Skype
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/2006 14:50:34
I seem to be having various problems with skype. First, no audio, just
messages like

     sh: line 1: /dev/null: No such device or address
     sh: line 1: /dev/null: No such device or address
     sh: line 1: /dev/null: No such device or address
     sh: line 1: /dev/null: No such device or address
     volume_open: error opening /dev/mixer: No such device or address
     volume_open: error opening /dev/mixer: No such device or address
     volume_open: error opening /dev/mixer: No such device or address
     /dev/dsp-1: No such device or address

Second, if I wipe out my ~/.Skype directory, when I next run it, I can
enter my name and password and log in. When I quit and start again, I'm
not logged in, apparently, and chosing "Login in as new user" and trying
to log in again doesn't work. If I remove my ~/.Skype directory, I can
start again.

Thoughts? Hints?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw