Subject: Re: wm behaviour on NetBSD
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/26/2005 22:53:13
Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> Joseph A. Dacuma wrote:
>>To verify things and inform others regarding my strange experience on NICs
>>with wm driver. I tried another BSD variant on Dell 2800 and successfuly
>>transferred 30GB of data via network and did not get any error messages.
>>Under OpenBSD, i82541GI 1000 BASET Ethernet rev. 5 card was on em family.
>
> Can you please be more specific as to what problems you're seeing?  You
> allude to error messages, but did not include them, and didn't give a
> very good description of the issue...

He may be talking about an "interrupt aliasing" problem with the Intel gigabit
NIC when APIC and SMP is enabled; Jeff, you might try disabling the USB
controller if you can and see whether the NIC works better without something
sharing the interrupt.

There's a thread here with lots of details:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-November/058383.html

--
-Chuck