Subject: Re: Screen capture to animated gif
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2005 11:08:06
On 11/18/05, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
> "convert file.mpg file.gif" works fine, obviously the animated .gif
> file is substantially bigger than the source .mpg, so if xvidcap can
> save to .mpg, this could be the way.

Really!! I looked through all the docs for convert last night but
didn't see that one, or think to try it for that matter.

A follow-up, installed pkgsrc/x11/xvidcap-gtk2 without any problems,
managed to get an .mpeg file or a series of files but couldn't find a
way to convert all of them to a single animated gif using ImageMagick.
Tonight I'll try Chavdar's method.

Thanks to all.
--
 _
( ) Mark Thomas     ASCII ribbon campaign