Subject: Re: mod_perl under netbsd-3
To: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
From: Jean-Michel Caricand <jean-michel.caricand@laposte.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2005 06:48:47
Le Tuesday 15 November 2005 =C3=A0 20:42 +0100, Stefan 'Kaishakunin'
Schumacher a =C3=A9crit :
> Also sprach Jean-Michel Caricand (jean-michel.caricand@laposte.net)
> > I've installed ap-perl on my server. Apparently, apache package doesn't=
 support mod_perl because it doesn't start when I add this line in httpd.co=
nf
> >=20
> > LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/mod_perl.so
> >=20
> > If I add :
> > <IfDefine HAVE_PERL>
> >    LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/mod_perl.so
> > </IfDefine>
> >=20
> > It start but I don't have mod_perl functionality !
>=20
> Strange, I have apache and apache2 running on netbsd-3 and netbsd-2,
> all with ap-perl w/o problem.
>=20
> Are there any errors in apache's errorlog?=20
> Have you enabled debugging for mod_perl? Both support debug messages,
> see [1] or [2]
>=20
> > How I do to rebuild apache package to support mod_perl ?
>=20
> If you want to rebuilt it, simply deinstall apache and
> ap-perl and run ``make install clean'' from ap-perl, it will build apache=
,
> too since it is depending on it.  ``make show-installed-depends''
> lists depends of a package. However, I don't think this will solve the
> problem, since Apache is by default configured to support ap-perl.
>=20
> [1] http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Debugging
> [2] http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/ModPerl/Registry.html#Debugging
> --=20
> PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33

Hi,

I clean and reinstall ap-perl and apache. When I start apache with
mod_perl I recieve this message :

netbsd1# /etc/rc.d/apache start
[1]   Abort trap (core dumped) ${HTTPD}
/usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
netbsd1#

I have not message in error_log. I think apache die before.

apache start well when I remove mod_perl module in my httpd.conf.