Subject: Re: broke bootblocks
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/03/2005 00:00:19
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:01:34PM -0500, Matt Egger wrote:
>I'm sure there's a NetBSD solution, but not being too familar with the
>bootloader (or BSD...still learning) I would go with a knoppix cd.
>
>Install GRUB to the hard disk, boot NetBSD and reinstall the bootloader from
>there.

I'm using /bin/sh from the 2.0.2 install cd, so I've
got a shell and all the commands I've thought of to
try.

Have installed grub from knoppix before too, here I
even have a linux partition for my menu.lst file,
should be do-able. The only emergency is downtime
for my fastest cpu, there's no data to worry about,
I really want to get the netbsd bootblocks figured
out, but it needs a hint and I'm not sure where it's
looking...

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org