Subject: Re: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Witzmann <stephane.witzmann@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/30/2005 16:32:53
Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 05:38:54AM +0200, Stéphane Witzmann wrote:
>> A few builds and reboots later... I was wrong again. What makes it work
>> is just *luck*. The best (and only) fix I have found so far : reboot
>> until it works.
>
> the clcs(4) driver is notoriously known to have issues with
> initialization (among other things..).
>
> there is a patch from yasufumi itoh flying around which still doesn't
> solve all the issues clcs(4) had but could help with the initialization
> problems.  i am attaching an old copy i used with T22 months ago.
>
> regards,

Some good news : I merged the few modifications I had done before into
current, and it seems to work well most of the time, which is better than
sometimes as it was before. Previously, I had trouble making it work
(reboot until it sounds alright). Now I'm having trouble making it fail
(currently, it only didn't work twice in about 15 cold and warm boots).

The bad news is that the patch from Yasafumi Itoh doesn't merge into current
at all : the clcs has been through a lot since it was written.

Stéphane Witzmann