Subject: Re: Finally increasing vm.execmin by default
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/28/2005 15:49:23
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> Is it possible at all to find a sane default for _all_ kinds of systems?
> Maybe we should, like Peter already proposed in the previous thread, define
> different sets of defaults, for different usage profiles and/or amounts of
> memory, among which the user can choose at install-time, and then sysinst
> would install an apropriate /etc/sysctl.conf.

I have nothing against populating sysctl.conf with sysinst.  However, the
defaults compiled into the kernel should work reasonably in between
tuned-for-workstation and tuned-for-server on the majority of hardware, even
if sysctl.conf is completely missing.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>