Subject: Adaptec ASC 29160/39160 LVD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Vargason <robert@archon.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2005 13:41:01
hi

I need to connect a SCSI tape drive with a 68pin (?LVD ULTRA,
160 SCSI?) connector to one of our NetBSD servers. therefore I
will have to replace the old Symbios Logic 53c810a with a newer
and more capable controller card. but I cannot find any
controllers in the shops which are on the 'PCI Hardware
Supported by NetBSD' webpage under SCSI host adapters with a
68pin external connector. all I can find are Adaptec ASC-29160
and ASC-29160N or ASC-39160. will any of these work under
NetBSD? even NetBSD2.0? has somebody on this list experience
with one of the Adaptec ASC controllers he is willing to share?

thanks so much
robert vargason