Subject: Re: console redirection without building a new kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2005 13:53:44
Hi, Christos.

Sorry for the delay answering to your posts.  As I did not received a
copy of them (I am not subscribed to this mailing list) I was not aware
about your answer to both the "console redirection" thread and the
"I2O support" thread.  I have just read your posts.

D'oh!  When I read the installboot(8) manpage I did not observed that
installboot options can be passed with "-o"!!!  Just read the list
of options and supposed there was a description of each option available
when booting.  Sorry for posting this question... I should have read the
man page more carefully.

You are absolutely right about "I2O ready" as marketing speak.  I have
read the *nice* documentation for the Intel 1100 ISP rack server (the same
computer as the PowerEdge 350) and it seems that I2O is not in the base
system.  As you said, we will need probably to buy these processors as
an optional component.

Your advice about installboot(8) was really useful.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Igor.