Subject: Re: 3.0_BETA build error (solved but don't know how)
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2005 10:34:50
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> > That might still not work as expected. Try using
> > "cvs update -P -d -A -rnetbsd-3 -D..." instead".
>
> What difference would the -A flag make here?  (esp. when being on the
> netbsd-3 branch already)

cvs has a weird interaction between -r and -D when they are used together,
even more so when there is already a sticky tag snd/or sticky date on the
checked out files.

I believe there's a bug in there somewhere, but I've been using -A with an
explicit -r and/or -D for so long that I never took the time to analyze the
issue.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com> <todd@vierling.name>