Subject: Router dropping clients
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Dittmann <jrdittmann@wisc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2005 15:46:48
I just set up a NetBSD box as a router/firewall with altq+pf and dhcp
(static addresses given out by physical addy).

Everything is working just peachy for my OS X laptop (which I did all of
the testing on), and was (before today) working just fine for my linux box.

Now, the linux box is able to get an address, but unable to ping
anything outside of the subnet.

Any windows boxes that connect to the router get an address and
everything works just fine for about 15 minutes, but then suddenly the
computers no longer can access the internet - they still have an
address, but cannot get outside (sort of like the linux box - but the
linux machine can't access the WAN at all).

Any ideas?  I can supply any and all info you request.

Thanks,

-Justin

dhcp.conf:

# Settng DHCPD global parameters
deny unknown-clients;
deny duplicates;

option domain-name "sbcglobal.net";

ddns-update-style none;

option routers 192.168.1.1;
option domain-name-servers xx.xx.xx.xx, xx.xx.xx.xx;
default-lease-time 86400;
max-lease-time 86400;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;

# the subnet
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
#       # range of ip addresses for assignment
#       range 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.255;
}

# a whole ton of host lists follow...