Subject: Re: atu driver?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/23/2005 06:58:32
It occurred to me that Matthew Orgass wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.general:
>   I've wasted lots of time and money on wireless networking (also had bad
> luck with webgear).  At least stuff is cheap now, but I would highly
> recommend installing wires where desired for home use if at all possible.

I'm fairly happy with my current ra2500-based card, also called "the cheapest
cardbus card my local supplier had in stock". So far, it's been working
great, and it costed me 22.50 Euro.

Personally, I quite like my laptop to be wireless; the only times I still
connect it using the built-in wired ethernet is when I really need that extra
bit of bandwidth. And, ofcourse, while installing things; the chance that
some random bootdisk will support an fxp(4) card is considerably higher
than the chance it'll support ral(4) - NetBSD-3 only does it using a
custom backport of the driver..