Subject: Re: unattended install?
To: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/16/2005 07:56:19
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Malcolm Herbert wrote:

> Is NetBSD able to be booted via PXE?

Yes.

On a server I enabled NFS to share a "netbsd" kernel (which was gunzipped
netbsd-INSTALL.gz which incluses sysinst). And I turned on DHCP service
configured for PXE to boot using the pxeboot_ia32.bin file.

Visit http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.i386.html

A few years ago, I modified a sysinst so it would only have one question
and then did autodefaults for all the rest of the steps. I used it in a
classroom so I could do quicker, mostly unattended, installs.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/