Subject: Re: usefulnes of /usr/games??
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Malte Dehling <mdehling@math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2005 16:16:54
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 12:56:16PM -0500, Johan A.van Zanten wrote:

> segv <segv@netctl.net> wrote:
> > Just out of interest, does anyone find /usr/games useful? Personally I can't
> > imagine anyone who would want to use them on regular basis. Yeah, I know you
> > can set a variable in mk.conf and the build system won't build any games, but
> > if nobody uses them, what's the point of keeping them in the source tree in the
> > first place?
>

>  Yeah, i use fortune multiple times a day, and play rogue and tetris when
> i trapped with out anything else entertaining to do.

I hereby request 'hack' to be removed from the games, the stupid game
turned me (a barbarian) into a weverat just a moment ago! I had to drop all
of my stuff, including weapons to be able to move again and was then
attacked and killed.

Seriously, I enjoy 'hack' and 'fortune' and all the other games a lot, so
please keep them in future versions of NetBSD! It's especially great to
have them ready to play just after the installation, even before pkgsrc is
installed.

--
Malte Dehling

Mail:		mdehling [at] math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Website:	http://mdehling.ath.cx/
PGP:		2586 A3BF B438 E68E 2B85  C4EA C5A7 AD96 C865 03D2