Subject: Re: traffic shaping with NetBSD?
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 10:30:32
On Monday 05 September 2005 07:43 am, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Thanks for the pointers to ALTQ and some of its documentation.  But it
> seems complex to me.  Can anyone show me an example altq.conf which
> resserves a minimum bandwidth for ssh connections?  I guess this can be
> done easily, but I don't know how.
>
> GH

I use priq for this:

{{{
interface pppoe0 bandwidth 256K priq
class priq pppoe0 realtime_class root priority 15
        filter pppoe0 realtime_class 0 22 0 0 0 tos 0x10 #for SSH
        filter pppoe0 realtime_class 0 0 0 22 0 tos 0x10 #for SSH
        filter pppoe0 realtime_class 0 123 0 0 0 tos 0x10 #for NTP
        filter pppoe0 realtime_class 0 0 0 123 0 tos 0x10 #for NTP
class priq pppoe0 tunnel_class root priority 14
        filter pppoe0 tunnel_class 0 0 0 0 41 # for 6 in 4 tunnels
class priq pppoe0 regular_class root priority 0 default red #for all else
}}}
 Of course replacing pppeo0 with you interface, and 256K with you upstream
bandwidth. This only affects one direction (i think it's sending) of ssh
though.

	Jonathan Kollasch