Subject: Re: bet laptop for =?ISO-8859-15?Q?NetBSD=3F=A0=5Bwas=3A?= Re: NetBSD on PowerBook G4]
To: None <hubertf@gmx.de>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 10:44:56
In message <20050905035406.3C12D6301B@mail.fehu.org>, Hubert Feyrer writes:
>In article <20050831193142.EDDE93C06FD@berkshire.machshav.com> you wrote:
>> I'm very happy with a Thinkpad T42.  I have the model with a built-in
>> GigE and 802.11 a/b/g card; all work well.  (Of course, the winmodem is
>> useless....)  Suspend/resume work well also.
>
>That sounds good. Do sound and the external monitor output work?

Yes, and yes, though the latter requires some care.  On a T21 I had, I
could display on either the internal or external displays, but not both
simultaneously.  On my T42, it only displays on both.  On my daughter's
R50, a movie showed only on the laptop screen and not on the docking
station's.

>Seeing that the display is 14", are there any comparable 12" machines?

The Thinkpad X series are 12", according to Thinkpad.com.  But I
haven't used one; I like having the Ultrabay available for an optical
drive or for a second battery.