Subject: Re: phpBB and mysql
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/2005 05:57:42
On 8/28/05, Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com> wrote:
> Rick Kelly said:
>=20
> >I do see one error in an ISAM file:
>=20
> >wolf# myisamchk --check phpbb_search_results.MYD
> >myisamchk: error: 'phpbb_search_results.MYD' doesn't have a correct inde=
x definition. You need to recreate it before you can do a repair
>=20
> >I have no idea how to recreate it...
>=20
> I managed to fix the broken table, but phpBB just doesn't talk to the
> database anymore. Due to the lack of php log files showing why it fails
> to connect, I will probably remove everything and start fresh with some
> other forum system.

I don't use MySQL (Postgres seems to make more sense to me), but I do
use phpbb. The only logical thing I can think of is maybe your phpbb
user no longer has rights to the tables it needs? In a crash, the only
likely thing to have happen with that setup is a database table might
be broken. I believe in MySQL you have to have a grant statement for
each table that a certain user gets access to, so maybe that's what it
is? Not sure...

The only time I ever had a problem, I restored my database and it came
back up, just with a few hours of missing posts.

Andy