Subject: Re: pkg_add and wget
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2005 11:55:11
In article <20050722101043.66f02141.joel@carnat.net>,
	Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net> writes:
> I thought I just set http_proxy and ftp_proxy the wrong way (ftp(1)
> can't connect to FTP server behing a FW). Google is full of 'do it this
> way' but I coulnd't reproduce... I tried with csh, ksh, with FTP_PROXY
> and ftp_proxy, quoted or not, ... everything fails...

What are you exactly trying to do? ftp(1) doesn't support FTP proxies.
But it can download files from an FTP server through a HTTP proxy:

	tron@colwyn:~>export ftp_proxy=http://proxy:8080/
	tron@colwyn:~>ftp ftp://ftp.uk.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/README
	Requesting ftp://ftp.uk.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/README
	  (via proxy:8080)
	  1821       7.16 KB/s
	1821 bytes retrieved in 00:00 (7.14 KB/s)

I'm using a HTTP proxy listening on a host called "proxy" on port 8080 here.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/