Subject: Re: Unix Metadata on top of an MS-DOS Filesystem
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2005 17:20:17
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> emergency?? in emergency usually NetBSD is used to access windows partitions.

When my website is down and I have access only to a friends' windows
laptop and not my computer, what good is accessing a Windows partition
going to do me?

> or keep your data as .tar.gz files on DOS partition

Well, then I'd need to extract them to use them.

Using a ssh key in putty is pretty easy, you just point to the file. I
wonder about using gnupg on the Windows side, though (presumably using
a trusted binary I keep on the card itself); are the filenames for the
keyring, etc., the same? It looks as if they could well be.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
      Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA