Subject: hello everyone
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: geraud <geraud.guibert@free.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2005 12:08:40
hello everyone out there,

my first email on the list to shortly present myself ;-)

i'm a french engineer in computer science with few experience
of *BSD (i've just played a bit with OpenBSD & freeBSD some times ago)
and a more solid background with GNU/Linux and W.....$, i'm afraid
oups, accept all my apologies !

right now i'm building a small scsi desktop with 2 raid arrays (0 & 1)
which seems to happily run thanks to the well explained RAID chapter

now just looking around to get familiar with it & downsizing the /
partition to the minimal (del unusefull /dev /man /timezone /usr ...)

also installing it onto my multi-boot laptop to make it more funny

here i'm facing some problems with the graphical mode so i'll have to
pay more attention to the X11 installation & configuration in the next
week, when i have more time to spend into...

if my efforts on this point are unsuccessfull (after reading all the
RTFm of course) i'll certainly require your help :-)

happy week
geraud guibert