Subject: Re: pkgsrc and update
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: lama <wrzymski@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2005 23:05:40
2005/7/25, Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>:
> Hm...I always thought that pkgsrc *did* do a forwards/backwards
> update of all necessary packages.  This is why it is so painful to
> do "make update": > I've seen the kind of message that you describe, but =
it's rare.  My
> memory is that it happens only when I cannot do a successful
> "make update" on the package itself to get the desired update.
>=20
> Is it possible that you have altered /etc/mk.conf in some way that
> affects this?
>=20

I still  don't understand what's wrong with pkg_chk why aren't all of
You using it ? Am I missing something ?

NAME
     pkg_chk - check, and optionally update, installed packages

SYNOPSIS
     pkg_chk [-aBbcfhiklNnrsuv] [-C conf] [-D tags] [-L file] [-P path]
             [-U tags]

DESCRIPTION
     pkg_chk verifies that the versions of installed packages matches those=
 in
     pkgsrc, optionally adding missing or updating mismatched packages.

     It can verify all installed packages, or check against a set of packag=
es
     based on the hostname, architecture, and other characteristics.

     When updating packages that depend on each other pkg_chk will skip dep=
en-
     dent packages to reduce unnecessary rebuilding.

###