Subject: Re: vi and xterm
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Tremblett <tremblett@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2005 19:19:09
On 6/30/05, Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org> wrote:

> Probably not the solution you're looking for, but I ran into this
> (inconsistant interpretation of cursor key input over varying TERMs,
> login methods, etc) years ago and just got into the habbit of using vi's
> movement keys (hjkl) rather than the cursor keys.  They will *always*
> work. =3D)

I hate to be redundant but I have to second that suggestion.  I was
stuck in a position like that for a summer job and I haven't gone back
to the arrows since.  You'll find that the vi directional keys are
very pervasive in the *NIX world and will work similarly in many many
applications.  Interestingly enough, you can navigate GMail without a
mouse by using vi-keys!

lazybones