Subject: building from pkgsrc on NetBSD/AMD64
To: NetBSD tech-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2005 21:15:06
Hi,

I'm wanting to build a (pure) 64-bit machine, probably with the Opteron
processor(s), but I've got to ask what for many is probably an obvious
question:

Once I've installed NetBSD/AMD64 and choose my software from pkgsrc, will
the software be built and installed in 64-bit?  If not, is it only some
software, or is there something special that needs to be configured to build
64-bit software from pkgsrc?

Oh, one more thing - is there anything particular (like problems?) I should
know about going into installing NetBSD/AMD64?  I will most likely use
either an nVidia or ATI graphics card.  How about TV card compatability?

Thanks much for your feedback!
Robert