Subject: Re: [2.0.2/i386] Install without sysinst : single-user mode?
To: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
From: Dieter Roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2005 13:13:50
On 06/27/05 22:06:40, Dan LaBell wrote:
>=20
> I don't know how useful sysinst.sh is -- if it's complete, as  some =20
> of the shell looks wrong to me. Looks likes it's trying multiple test
> against $? (2nd reference to $? would in-fact be test ( [ )  -- so,

This is not necessarily wrong, depending on how it's done. Consider
inflamm:qe:~$ ls /nonexistent >/dev/null 2>&1
inflamm:qe:~$ [ $? =3D 0 ] && echo a
inflamm:qe:~$ [ $? =3D 0 ] && echo a
inflamm:qe:~$ ls / >/dev/null 2>&1
inflamm:qe:~$ [ $? =3D 0 ] && echo a
inflamm:qe:~$ [ $? =3D 0 ] && echo a

The last '[' is different though, in that it evaluates the combination =20
of the previous one and the echo.

Kind regards,
dieter

> judging from the file, so I'm assuming it's not complete.

--=20
	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu
--
	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley