Subject: Re: [2.0.2/i386] Install without sysinst : single-user mode? sysinst?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sylvain Briole <sbriole.mls@free.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/28/2005 08:10:31
Hi David,

> How long does it take to answer the questions sysinst asks?
> Not long - especially when you've done it a few times.
> So why bother!

Because I need to produce a CD-ROM with automatized NetBSD install for a
computer in case of crashes to rebuild the system automagically for persons
who do not have a good knowledge of computing things ("put the CD in the drive
at the boot, and let it boot and install automatically").
I will then write a little HOWTO (and give it there to review if interested).

> Note that sysinst dosn't run fdisk, but does run disklabel - even though
> the system call would work better!

Is it also the case for MBR partitions?
Is it possible to modify MBR partitions without running fdisk?

Thanks,

Sylvain.