Subject: Re: [2.0.2/i386] Install without sysinst : single-user mode? sysinst?
To: Sylvain Briole <sbriole.mls@free.fr>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/27/2005 16:06:40
On Jun 27, 2005, at 7:33 AM, Sylvain Briole wrote:

> I am also looking for informations about sysinst, in order to
> automatize my
> installations, e.g. how to track the commands given by sysinst during
> an
> installation or what are the modified/created files (e.g. to select a
> password
> encryption scheme, disklabels definitions, ...).

Run sysinst, then "Utilities" , then "Logging functions", then
"Logging" on, then
"Scripting" On",  this will produce a files sysinst.log and sysinst.sh

I don't know how useful sysinst.sh is -- if it's complete, as  some of
the shell looks wrong to me. Looks likes it's trying multiple test
against $? (2nd reference to $? would in-fact be test ( [ )  -- so,
judging from the file, so I'm assuming it's not complete.  However some
files (disktab, fstab,rc.conf ) are in sysinst.sh as "here text", so
could be useful just for that -- you'll need to copy them off ramdisk
manually, or they're gone.