Subject: Re: pf (Package Filter pflkm) without IPV6
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/26/2005 13:40:56
In article <20050623140854.GA17091@sdf.lonestar.org>,
	Rubén González Arnau <rga@sdf.lonestar.org> writes:
> It is possiblte to compile pflkm without IPV6? I've serveral errors,
> if I don't compile with IPV6 and the kernel module does not start.
>
> To empathize that make USE_INET6=NO does not work for me.
>
> Any idea is welcome :)

May I suggest (not only to you) that instead of spending considerable
time on removing IPv6 support from your NetBSD installation to spend
a little bit of time on actually getting IPv6 fully working? You don't
even need support from your provider if you use a 6to4 tunnel via the
stf(4) interface. A single IPv4 address will provide you with 2^16
subnets with 2^64 IPv6 addresses.

I'm using IPv6 on my NetBSD systems at home which works just fine. If
you look at the "Received:" lines in the e-mail header you will see
that even the SMTP transfer from my mail server to "mail.netbsd.org"
used IPv6.

So if anybody has question about configuring IPv6 on NetBSD I'm more
than happy to answer them.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/