Subject: TuneFS and Possible RAIDFrame Problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: ao <ao-netbsd@replic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/24/2005 23:55:19
 Howdy all,

 I've got a RAID array setup using RAIDFrame, and I'm trying to run tunefs on it to turn down the reserved space. I'm getting errors while the array is both mounted and unmounted, and also after a fresh reboot and before mounting.

 Below is what I'm trying,

root@orange:~# df
Filesystem    Size     Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd0a      44G      38G      3.8G    91%    /
kernfs        1.0K     1.0K        0B   100%    /kern
/dev/raid0a   267G     223G       31G    87%    /export/raid0
root@orange:~# tunefs -m 0 /dev/raid0a
tunefs: /dev/raid0a: Device busy
root@orange:~# umount -f /export/raid0/
root@orange:~# tunefs -m 0 /dev/raid0a
tunefs: tuning /dev/raid0a
tunefs: minimum percentage of free space changes from 5% to 0%
tunefs: should optimize for space with minfree < 5%
tunefs: /dev/raid0a: writing 8192 bytes: Read-only file system

 Any suggestions?

 Thanks for any help,

-Bri