Subject: Re: pf (Package Filter pflkm) without IPV6
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Gonz=E1lez_Arnau?= <rga@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/23/2005 15:52:28
On 6/23/05, Rub=E9n Gonz=E1lez Arnau <rga@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 04:08:54PM +0200, Rub=E9n Gonz=E1lez Arnau wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > It is possiblte to compile pflkm without IPV6? I've serveral errors,
> > if I don't compile with IPV6 and the kernel module does not start.
> >
> > To empathize that make USE_INET6=3DNO does not work for me.
> >
> > Any idea is welcome :)
> >
> > --
> > rga@sdf.lonestar.org
> > SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org
> For me works fine under 2.0.2. I use NAT, SNAT & DNAT at moment I haven't=
 got any problem.
>=20
> Did you use the latest version from pkgsrc?
>=20

I built it last month from pkgsrc, I'm not sure what version it is.
I'm only doing firewalling and NAT, but I'm happy with it. I had read
Michael Lucas's Absolute OpenBSD book, which has lots of stuff on pf,
and I'm much more comfortable with it's syntax than ipf.

The only thing I'm not as happy with is that I can't remove IPV6, like
you say, and the module won't load into a multi processor kernel. 3.0
should fix that.

Andy