Subject: cryptography question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Shane M. Coughlan <shane_coughlan@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/23/2005 18:41:59
Dear everyone

As I understand it, the Cryptographic Disk is good for protecting data
locally, and preventing people from even seeing file names if they
physically get access to your computer.  Meanwhile, Cryptographic File
System from M. Blaze is good at giving network level security, particuarly
with regards allowing access to files over a networked machine.  However, in
CFS you can still see the file structures, and read the file names.

Now, my question.  Is it possible to use both CDG and CFS on a machine to
ensure a high level of local security while also maintaining security while
the machine is on a network?

Regards

Shane