Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD experiences and help wanted
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2005 23:08:49
Hi,

> I don't understand why vendor (when they do) support Linux better and
> sooner than the BSDs. The BSD license and culture I think seems friendlier
> to the corporate environment. Hmm. :(

I think there's a lot more marketing effort behind Linux, than there is the
BSDs (especially NetBSD, something I've been personally working on but
haven't been able to give it 100%, yet).

> I cced as stated below the netbsd-help address. Since this isn't a
> platform specific issue I didn't email the amd64 port maintainer.

The idea was to make the maintainer aware of your needs, and hope that he
would get the ball rolling.  If he's at all interested in providing you and
every other AMD64 platform user what you want/need, then he should be
involved, they way I see it.  You could pick any port maintainer as far as I
see it, but since the AMD64 platform is becoming more and more important (in
my view anyway) and you are an AMD64 port user, why not get him involved.

-Robert