Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD experiences and help wanted
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2005 10:29:45
Hi,

it seems I just read another post about a problem with NetBSD not finding
the harddrive, which I find very interesting.  What I'm wondering is how you
have your BIOS set, i.e. the boot-order, and if you can set the 1st boot
device for the 1st drive of your LSI MegaRaid card (I'm assuming you don't
have any IDE harddrives installed on that machine).  Added note, I've
recently found out myself that the NetBSD installer currently only supports
installation on one harddrive.  Any additional harddrives you have in the
machine need to be setup after installation.  It could be that the NetBSD
does not support that particular LSI MegaRaid card yet, but have a look at
the BIOS settings.

You may want to mail the port maintainer directly:
port-amd64-maintainer@netbsd.org or netbsd-help@netbsd.org

I did find LSI Logic RAID MegaRAID 320-1, 320-2 listed on the
http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html web page, which you might want to
lookover.  You might want to check exactly which chipset is on the card,
maybe it uses a chipset that is not yet supported.(?)  Supported NICs are
also listed on that page.  Go one page up for other supported hardware.

In any case, I'm interested to know what you end up doing.

-Robert