Subject: Re: NetBSD File System details/info
To: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2005 06:09:21
1. fstab(5) from NetBSD 2.0

The system currently supports these filesystems:
           adosfs  an AmigaDOS filesystem
           cd9660  an ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem
           ext2fs  an implementation of the Linux ``Second Extended
                   File-system''.
           fdesc   an implementation of /dev/fd
           ffs     a local UNIX filesystem
           filecore a filesystem for RISC OS
           kernfs  various and sundry kernel statistics
           lfs     a log-structured file-system.  Currently does not work.
           mfs     a local memory-based UNIX filesystem
           msdos   an MS-DOS ``FAT filesystem''
           nfs     a Sun Microsystems compatible ``Network File System''
           ntfs    a filesystem used by Windows NT.  Still experimental.
           null    a loop-back filesystem, allowing parts of the system to be
                   viewed elsewhere.
           overlay a demonstration of layered filesystems.
           portal  a general filesystem interface, currently supports TCP and
                   FS mounts.
           procfs  a local filesystem of process information
           swap    a disk partition to be used for swapping and paging
           umap    a user and group re-mapping filesystem.
           union   a translucent filesystem

2. Other than the source code and the man pages, see:
	/usr/share/doc/smm/05.fastfs and 06.nfs

3. I don't.

Cheers,

Ben