Subject: Re: good (Free) Anti-Virus software
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Louie Loria <michaellouieloria@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2005 01:23:06

writes:

>     Robert> Hi, I'm trying to find out what is one
of the best
>     Robert> free/open source AntiVirus software
packages available for
>     Robert> NetBSD. I'm of course especially wanting
to install and
>     Robert> use it with my MTA (e.g., Postfix or
Exim) to check
>     Robert> bidirectional mail, but being able to
check other files
>     Robert> would be nice as well.
>
> What about
>
>   pkgsrc/mail/clamav
>
> in conjunction with
>
>   pkgsrc/security/amavisd-new
>
> and perhaps many other sub-dependent scanning tools
>
>   pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin
>
> some
>
>   pkgsrc/archivers/*
>
> Look at amavisd-new's config and decide which tools
to activate.

> I'm running this with postfix.
>
> Markus.

I would also suggest clamav

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README-all.html

there is also

fprot -
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/security/fprot-workstation-bin/README.html

for spam, i also suggest spamassasin -
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/mail/spamassassin/README.html

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com