Subject: Re: Fw: installing pkgsrc/databases/jdbc-postgresql74 fails
To: NetBSD netbsd-users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/15/2005 14:42:34
On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 08:10:07PM +0200, Robert Cates wrote:
> Hi, and thanks for your help.  I did a pkg_info |grep jdk and got the
> following:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ pkg_info |grep jdk
> sun-jdk14-2.7nb1    Sun's Java(tm) 2 SDK, Standard Edition 1.4.2
> -bash-2.05b$

then:

-bash-2.05b$ export PKG_JVM=sun-jkd14

and

-bash-2.05b$ export PKG_JAVA_HOME=/usr/pkg/java/jdk-1.4.2

(or whatever the appropriate directory is)

> so I do not understand why the message, but especially the 3rd line
> "jdk-1.1.8nb8 has an unacceptable license: jdk-license"
>
>>>===> Required package jdk-[0-9]*: NOT found
>>>===> Verifying reinstall for ../../lang/jdk
>>>===> jdk-1.1.8nb8 has an unacceptable license: jdk-license.

Basically, there are some default licenses that NetBSD's pkgsrc will
allow by default, GPL, BSD, others?  Basically, the Sun JDK license
isn't as free as we'd like it to be, this section of the mk.conf lets
those who are a bit more religious than I am from installing stuff
that violates this.  It also alows a commericial-use server from not
automatically installing a free for noncom use but pay for commercial
use pkg w/o the admin being fully aware.

So, to /etc/mk.conf, add a line that looks like:

ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=jdk-license

(my /etc/mk.conf has ~15 such lines for various the license types).

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org