Subject: Re: How can I install packages matching my system?
To: Ezequiel Reyes <ezequiel.reyes@newhotel.co.cu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/15/2005 21:02:18
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:25:38PM -0700, Ezequiel Reyes wrote:
> Hi List,
> Hi would like to know if there is a way to tell pkg_add to look for, and
> install packages matching the exact version depedency of the packages one
> have on the system. For instance, every time I try to install some package
> from:
> ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All
>
> it complains that the version of the depedent packages I have installed (I
> am using 2.0) are older than the ones needed by the package I am trying to
> install. How is it that I can install for instance automake or something
> bigger like kdegraphics from .../2.0/i386/All and the versions there are in
> sync with the base 2.0 packages that are installed in a 2.0 system? How can
> I tell pkg_add to look for the versions in sync with what I have installed?
> where are they? does pkg_add go always for the latest version and not for
> the one corresponding to the installed dependencies? I generally don't need
> the latest versions, I just need the ones that should match my system, so
> that I have to download the minimun required.

I guess you used an older branch than pkgsrc-2005Q1. Look at the
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-* directories.
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0 always points to the
last branch (currently
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc-2005Q1/NetBSD-2.0/).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>