Subject: How can I install packages matching my system?
To: NetBSD <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ezequiel Reyes <ezequiel.reyes@newhotel.co.cu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2005 13:25:38
Hi List,
Hi would like to know if there is a way to tell pkg_add to look for, and
install packages matching the exact version depedency of the packages one
have on the system. For instance, every time I try to install some package
from:
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/2.0/i386/All

it complains that the version of the depedent packages I have installed (I
am using 2.0) are older than the ones needed by the package I am trying to
install. How is it that I can install for instance automake or something
bigger like kdegraphics from .../2.0/i386/All and the versions there are in
sync with the base 2.0 packages that are installed in a 2.0 system? How can
I tell pkg_add to look for the versions in sync with what I have installed?
where are they? does pkg_add go always for the latest version and not for
the one corresponding to the installed dependencies? I generally don't need
the latest versions, I just need the ones that should match my system, so
that I have to download the minimun required.